Saturday 20 February 2010

Days of sheep and sunshine

I love this time of year - there's always a point in February where it suddenly becomes clear that the days are lengthening. I don't mind that we're still deep in winter, now that I have evenings! That said, I do have to admit that it's been especially wonderful this week, with so many days of bright, glorious sunshine.

I suspect my view of the world may have been coloured by my new arrivals - three bundles of woolly heaven. Here's the first - yet to be named - he's the twin brother of Jacob, whose arrival you may remember from March last year. Just look at that fleece! You really can have no idea how much I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it! Little No-name has a Jacob mother and a Teeswater father, which makes him a Masham of sorts - but so much more exciting than just any old Masham.


Here's Jacob, for those of you who don't remember him, looking grown up and simply perfect.

I'll save my other new arrivals for another day. Any of you looking for interesting sheep need to speak to the wonderful Joe, a Yorkshire farmer born and bred, but most unusual in that he has an interest in breeding coloured sheep - and I am so lucky to have him for a brother-in-law. Jacob, Teeswater, Masham, BFL, Herdwick, Hebridean - you name it, he has it. If anyone wants his details for sheep or fleeces just let me know and I'll pass them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment