Wednesday 16 May 2012

Blizzards, Barter Books and Bowmont sheep.

Yesterday began, as all mid May days should, with heavy driving snow.  However as we headed north to lower ground we left the snow behind and I found myself in my old stamping ground of Alnwick, more specifically at Barter Books.  Now, for those of you unfamiliar with Barter Books it's one of the largest second hand bookshops in the country, located in an old railway station and, once upon a time, I was lucky enough to work there.  Time has moved on and Barter Books now has its very own fabulous Station Buffet, but it's still stuffed full of books and I managed to come away with several items, including a book about Bluefaced Leicester sheep and another on glovemaking.

Barter Books was just a brief break in my journey to my real destination which was to my lovely friend Jean in Chatton.  Jean is moving and downsizing and I'm helping out with the downsizing part by bringing three of her lovely sheep to live with me!



What beautiful girls they are and how you will drool when I let you into the secret that they are Bowmont/Shetland crosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment