Monday 13 March 2023

Detectorists

If you’re a lover of Mackenzie Crook’s ‘Detectorists’ (and, let’s face it, if you have a beating heart, why wouldn’t you be?) you might be amused to learn that we have our very own Andy and Lance.

Several months ago an intrepid pair from Whitley Bay sought ‘permissions’ to detect in our fields. Since then, they’ve been six or seven times and we now have our very own ‘finds’ table.
If they bump into me, they hand me their muddy finds, otherwise they take them home to wash, then return them on their next expedition. On these occasions I get a phone-call from ‘Lance’ listing their finds. “We’ve got part of a spoon, a toy car, a ring pull, a steel toe-cap, three buttons of various sizes……..”
Honestly, I feel as though I’ve woken up in Danebury!



No comments:

Post a Comment