Tuesday 26 October 2021

Mouse with Altitude

 

A handful of woollen mice have scurried into my online shop.  They are made entirely of wools and yarns from my little flock of rescue sheep and are handfelted and handstitched, with braided tails.  I love to embroider and their little bodies provided a perfect opportunity.


Originally I was going to name them ‘Coffin Mice,’ because that is, in fact, what they are.  Many years ago, the whole reason I began feltmaking was to make myself a coffin - and I did finally make one (and another and another) about 14 years ago.  It was made entirely from Shetland wools from my beautiful, little flock.


Now for the confession!  A few weeks ago, I decided to recycle the original coffin and started cutting out slices and turning them into mice.  




The ‘Coffin Mice’ became ‘Mice with Altitude’ and moved into their own little gift boxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment